Emergency Towing Booklet (ETB)
The following requirements were introduced to vessels over 500 GT through amendments to SOLAS adopted on 16th May 2008:
Ships shall be provided with a ship-specific emergency towing procedure. Such a procedure shall be carried aboard the ship for use in emergency situations and shall be based on existing arrangements and equipment available on board the ship.
These requirements applies to:
- All passenger ships, not later than 1 January 2010;
- Cargo ships constructed on or after 1 January 2010; and
- Cargo ships constructed before 1 January 2010, not later than 1 January 2012.
The Emergency Towing Booklet shall include:
- Drawings of fore and aft deck showing possible emergency towing arrangements
- Inventory of equipment on board that can be used for emergency towing
- Means and methods of communication
- Sample procedures to facilitate the preparation for and the conducting of emergency towing
MariTerm AB produces Emergency Towing Booklets in accordance with the above requirements.
Further information can be obtained by contacting: