CARGO CARE – Handbook in cargo securing
Cargo is frequently damaged at very high costs during transport due to improper loading and securing.
The handbook CARGO CARE contains information on how to load and secure cargo in cargo transport units (trailers, containers, swap bodies, railway wagons etc.) in order to avoid such damages and increase safety.
The CARGO CARE handbook applies to all concerned personnel in the transportation chain involved in loading and securing of cargo such as:
- Transport buyers
- Re-loading personnel at terminals
- Transport planners
- Railway personnel
- Authorities such as police, coast guard
- Unloaders at industries and terminals
The book can also be used educationally for training in cargo loading and securing.
According to the supplement to the new IMDG code (Amdt. 30-00); “All persons involved in the transport or packing of cargo in Cargo Transport Units (CTUs) should receive training on safe packing of cargo in CTUs”. The contents of the CARGO CARE handbook follow the recommendations in the IMDG code for such training.
The book consists of 242 pages and contains following chapters.
- Consequences of badly packed and secured cargo
- Forces acting on cargo during transport
- Basic principles for cargo packing and securing
- Cargo Transport Units – types
- Cargo care consciousness and cargo planning
- Methods of cargo securing
- Equipment for securing and protection
- Packing and securing of unitised cargoes
- Packing and securing of non-unitised cargoes
- Packing and securing of Paper products
- Packing and securing of cargoes requiring special techniques
- Transport of dangerous goods
The book is richly illustrated.
The prize for one book is 30 EURO. An additional charge will be added for postage. To enable you to be exempted from tax within EU please inform us of your VAT number.
For further information and for purchase of the book, please contact Petra Hugoson via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: +46 42 33 31 07.